Ph.D., Professor, Principal Investigator
Laboratory of Endocrine & Metabolic Diseases
Research Interests or Current Research Focus
The current work in Dr. Ning´s lab includes:
1. Ehe molecular mechanism and prevention/treatment of insulin resistance;
2. Early intervention of the damaged sugar regulation;
3. Treatment of diabetes with traditional Chinese medicine;
4. The establishment of animal model with MC4R and Retn double gene knock-out;
5. The roles of Internet in improving the prevention and treatment of diabetes;
6. Screening traditional Chinese medical herbs for diabetes treatment with large scale and high throughput technique.
Major Research Achievement
Dr. Ning has been focusing on the study of endocrine system diseases, mainly the basic study and clinical treatment of type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance syndrome, as well as the research on SRC, including the study on diabetic complications, the establishment of insulin resistance model with Hep G2 cell line, and the elucidation of SRC-3 gene structure and establishment of SRC-3 gene knockout animal model, etc.
1982-1987 M.D., Shandong Medical University, Shandong province
1989-1994 Ph.D. in Endocrinology & Diabetes, Shanghai Second Medical University
1997-1999 Postdoc in Department of Cell and Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
He X, Sun C, Wang F, Shan A, Guo T, Gu W, Cui B, Ning G. Peri-implantation lethality in mice lacking the PGC-1-related coactivator protein. Dev Dynam. 2012 May, 241 (5): 975-983.
Ma X, Xu L, Wang S, Cui B, Li X, Xu J, Ning G. Deletion of steroid receptor coactivator-3 gene ameliorates hepatic steatosis. J Hepatol. 2011 Aug, 55(2): 445-52.
Xu L, Ma X, Wang Y, Li X, Qi Y, Cui B, Li X, Ning G, Wang S. The Expression and Pathophysiological Role of Osteopontin in Graves¡¯Disease. J Clin Endoc Metab. 2011, 96(11):E1866-70.
Mao C, Wang S, Xiao Y, Xu J, Jiang Q, Jin M, Jiang X, Guo H, Ning G, Zhang Y. Impairment of Regulatory Capacity of CD4+CD25+ Regulatory T Cells Mediated by Dendritic Cell Polarization and Hyperthyroidism in Graves¡¯ Disease. J Immunol. 2011 Apr 15,186(8):4734-43.
Guo T, Yang S, Liu N, Wang S, Cui B, Ning G. Association study of interleukin-12A gene polymorphisms with Graves¡¯disease in two Chinese populations. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2011, 74(1) :125-9.
Li XY, Lu Y, Sun HY, Wang JQ, Yang J, Zhang HJ, Fan NG, Xu J, Jiang JJ, Liu RY, Li DL, Liu MY, Ning G. G protein-coupled receptor 48 upregulates estrogen receptor expression via cAMP/PKA signaling in the male reproductive tract. Development. 2010 Jan, 137(1): 151-7.
Liu JM, Zhang MJ, Zhao L, Cui B, Li ZB, Zhao HY, Sun LH, Tao B, Li M, Ning G. Analysis of Recently Identified Osteoporosis Susceptibility Genes in Han Chinese Women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Sep, 95(9): E112-E120
L Xu, X Ma, J Li, X Li, J Xu, S Wang, and G Ning. SRC-3 deficient mice developed fat redistribution under high-fat diet. Endocrine. 2010 Aug1, 38(1): 60-6
He X, Wei Q, Zhang X, Xiao J, Jin X, Zhu Y, Cui B, Ning G. Immunohistochemical expression of CXCR4 in thyroid carcinomas and thyroid benign lesions. Pathol Res Pract. 2010 Oct, 206(10):712-715
Shi G, Zhang Z, Feng D, Xu Y, Lu Y, Wang J, Jiang J, Zhang Z, Li X, Ning G. Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction in concanavalin A-induced hepatitis model. Anal Biochem. 2010 Jun 1, 401(1):81-90.
>>> All Publications
Books and Book Chapters
1. Chen JL, Ning G, et al. Progress in Study for Captopril in Treatment of Diabetic Nephropathy. Chinese Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 1994; 10(4): 241.
2. Ning G, et al. Early Forecast for Diabetic Nephropathy. Shanghai Medical Journal 1993; 16(1): 32.
3. Ning G, et al. NIDDM Rat Model Induced with Streptozocin in SHR. Section of Endocrinology, World Medicine. 1993; 1:4.
4. Ning G, et al. Microtransferrinuria: A More Sensitive Index for Early Diagnosis of Diabetic Nephropathy. Section of Internal Medicine World Medicine 1993; 2:67.
5. Ning G, et al. The Treatment of Diabetic Nephropathy with Angiotension Converting Enzyme Inhibitors. Section of Internal Medicine, World Medicine 1992; 7: 298.
6. Ning G, et al. Relationship among Capillary Whole Blood Glucose, Venous Plasma Glucose and Whole Blood Glucose. Shanghai Medical Journal 1995; 18(11): 639.